Requires Zone Protector Firmware Version 2.29A or later.
The “Set Sensitivity” feature enables you to select from predefined sensitivity settings (detection radius) without the need for a connected computer.
This feature was introduced in FW version 2.29a to assist organisations such as the military that may not permitted or unable to connect a laptop to the
Zone Protector when situated in a secure / classified area.
Please note that sensitivity settings are applied to all enabled channels at once.
Granular control of individual channel settings will still be available via the Zone Protector web interface. ZP works as normal during “Set Sensitivity” mode except that alerts are covert. (no local LED, relay or audio alert are activated)
To enter “Set Sensitivity” mode
- With the Zone Protector fully powered off press and hold the MUTE button on the front of the Zone Protector.
- While pressing and holding down the MUTE button power up the Zone Protector.
A short beep is sounded and the first Alert LED (red) flashes twice per second. (The Zone Protector is now in “Set Sensitivity” mode
- To abort without making any change simply press RESET button
To adjust the Sensitivity
- Press the MUTE button briefly to cycle the illuminated LED from left to right, after the 6th LED wrapping around to the first LED again.
- Depending on which Alert LED on the front panel is illuminated indicates what sensitivity (RF) threshold will be applied to ALL enabled detection channels.
First Alert LED – 40 db (Most sensitivity, larger detection radius)
Second Alert LED – 45 db
Third Alert LED – 50 db
Fourth Alert LED – 55 db
Fifth Alert LED – 60 db
Sixth Alert LED – 65db (Least sensitive, smaller detection radius)
Saving your settings
- To apply a change depress MUTE for 2 seconds (4 beeps) until long beep is heard. This exits “Set Sensitivity” mode and the new sensitivity setting takes effect.
(It is possible to further adjust the sensitivity range of each individual channel from 35db to 70db in 1db increments via the Zone Protector web interface)